Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 2

Twenty minute meditation last night. 

It's amazing what your mind will do to distract you. 
How an empty old farmhouse suddenly creaks and moans and pops.  I don't normally hear these sounds.  But when I'm sitting there trying to empty my mind and do nothing suddenly the old house comes alive.  OK Back to the breathe 1... 2.... 3...  Wow I can see a negative image of my eye on the back of my eyelid.... oops 4... 5.... 6....  or maybe I should have started over at 1.... 2.... I guess it doesn't matter  darnit   1.... 2..... 3.... 4...  I wonder if I should have just gone with the 30 day challenge instead of 365  darnit 1..... 2..... 3..... 4....  I really shouldn't get upset with this.  Just acknowledge it and go on. Rats I'm doing it again!  1.... 2.... 3.... OK! Tomorrow I lock the dogs out of the house before trying this.  I don't know what I was thinking leaving two dogs and two cats loose in the house while I try to meditate  1... 2...   WHAT?? That couldn't have been twenty minutes!

2 comments:

  1. Chris, love this post! Isn't it the truth!

    Also, fun profile photo....were you hitting golf balls just so the dog could retrieve? Take care. - Sherri D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherri!
    That pic is my Old Dog Nel and I waiting for our run at the Columbus Scottish Fetsival Sheepdog Trial a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete